Art in the south is on the rise which is obvious by the video above. Corey Barksdale is a very abstract artist who draws murals. Most of his art is inspired jazz music and other southern pastimes. He often listens to jazz as he paints. Corey Barksdale also says that he believes that Jazz itself is a beautiful art and he loves Miles Davis.
When asked what he loves about Jazz the most Corey Barksdale said “I love the improvisation of jazz musicians from the ‘50s and ‘60s. There was a lot of experimentation going on. In much the same way, I want to create something totally new with my paintings each time - to be different in the way I portray certain subjects.” Jazz is only one of the few under appreciated past times of the south.
Jazz also lead into much of the music that we now know the south for such as rap. Many of the biggest hits today are sampled from Jazz songs. This proves the artistic ability of the musician of today.
No comments:
Post a Comment