In a recent poll conducted by The Advocate, which is the nation's oldest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender publication, the AJC reported that readers chose Atlanta as "America's Gayest City". Furthermore, many people don't know that Georgia Tech is situated in the heart of Atlanta's gay community (Midtown). The following video is a public service announcement issued by participants in Atlanta Pride 2009. Here, homosexuals discuss issues facing Georgia's gay population.
I agree with Ben that due to the South's strong connection to faith, same-sex marriage has not been allowed. I am a religious person, and it is my belief that same-sex marriage does not constitute a valid marriage. I also do not believe that a nation/state/province should impose religiously-motivated restrictions upon its citizens. A country should give all its citizens the same rights. Therefore, as a country, the right thing to do is to legalize same-sex marriage. As an individual, however, I would not recognize same-sex marriages. They are not something I believe in.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment