This is a little belated, but I wanted to put my thoughts out on the previous topic of same-sex marriage. This topic is a very heated one and unfortunately I don't see a solution in sight to this debate. Personally, I am for same-sex marriage. As mentioned in the Dr. Phil show that I have attached, marriage is a constitutional right to all Americans and this conflict is discrimination in its simplest definition. This whole issue is a result of people trying to prevent people that are different from having the same rights as them. That is the truth and it is a truth that will never change. The fact is, people are against same-sex marriage because they don't want gay people to have the same rights as the rest of us. They may hide behind religion on the issue but that is the cold hard truth of the matter. My final comment on the matter is being gay is not a choice or preference, people are gay because they were born gay and to deny them the kind of love that comes from marriage is cruel.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment