Tuesday, April 13, 2010

South Vs. North

Well from living with my mom down in Georgia and Alabama my belief is that more southern families do keep up with memories. My dad is from Richmond, VA and I know almost anyone from his side of the family. Yeah I've met his mom, my grandmother, of course but I hardly or never hear him talk about maybe little cousins I haven't met or aunts and uncles. Sometimes I think maybe he doesn't because I never lived there so the family that was there has moved or maybe he isn't close to them. I've ask about his sisters and brothers but gets off the subject quite quickly before we can get a general conversation started. My family back in Georgia and Alabama are constanly together showing off old pictures of the childern in the family and some of themsleves even. We get together and have cookouts or family dinner. Sometimes I meet family members that has been living in the same city as me and never knew them. But overall I think it's true but factly I know it isn't true because that could just be my dad. I'm 100% sure that there's family just alike as mines when it comes to family gatherings in the North.



Orwin Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment