Wednesday, April 14, 2010

South vs North

I, myself am from Europe, but have lived in the DC metro area for most of my life. In the last seven years I have lived in Mclean, Virginia and have noticed many differences from Virginia and Georgia. I have many friends in Virginia and to me it seemed like everyone there is more independent. For example all of my friends from the south always said that they had to go home for dinner every day to have a family dinner, while my friends in the north often stayed out and had dinner with their friends from school.

this is an example of a sit down southern dinner(funny version)




This is a funny renditions of a sit down dinner. However it does have all of the family aspects of the dinner. A formal sit down with the whole family, and a prayer before eating. I myself can not remember the last time we had someone pray at the dinner table. In general I feel like southern families are just more united then northern ones. There is a reason why the phrase Southern Hospitality exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment